My name is Phoebe. Phoebe Cate Frampton is my full name. (Mom says I only have a middle name so I know when I'm REALLY in trouble.) I am a six-year old cinnamon green cheek conure.
The Internet is a great place for people of all walks of life, human and parrot, to have fun, hang out, and learn stuff. Mom uses the Internet all the time, and you know what? It looked NEAT! So, I begged her to let me have my own blog. She said I could have one, as long as I made it somewhat useful. So, now she's helping me make my very own blog. Cool, huh?
People -- even non-human people -- should write about what they know, right? Well, I'm totally an expert on being a bird, so I can write about that and maybe help some of my fellow birds and their people.
But before we get started making some real Quintessential Parrot Blog Entries here on Phoebe's Tree House, here's a little more about me: I'm 6 years old, my hatchday is February 27th, and I'm a Pisces. My hobbies include playing with my cell phone, jamming on Mr. Xylo-Gator (my alligator xylophone) while Mom practices with her violin, eating fresh fruit, and dancing to Lady Gaga, Brittany Spears and The Andrews Sisters. One of my favorite things to do is to play with my own rubber duckies while watching and listening to Ernie singing about them.
Mom and my stepbrother (a cat) and I get up really early in the morning, but we always start the day the same way: With COFFEE!!!
I love morning coffee with Mom! I love the way the Keurig coffee machine feels under my toes when it vibrates, and I love the loud rumbles and grumbles it makes and the way the brown liquid squirts into the mug and the way the blue lights flash on the buttons. And I love gulping down the luscious mango flavor when it's over..
Yes. I said Mango.
Mom makes the real coffee for herself. I have no idea what it tastes like, because Mom won't let me have any. All she ever says is, "You can't have caffeine.: You're too avian!" and "Drinking caffeine would kill you." And then she takes a bottle of mango juice from the fridge and pours it into my coffee mug (a blue seed cup), heats it for 15 seconds in the microwave and gives me my nice, no-longer-freezing-cold mango "coffee" to drink. And it's delicious! I don't know why she doesn't drink this stuff, too. Oh, well. More for me! (Besides.... Who needs caffeine, anyway, when you've got the super-fast metabolism that we birds have, anyway?)
Phoebe's Expert Advice: DON'T GIVE ANY CAFFEINE TO US BIRDS, because it's poisonous to us. (But tasty juices are good. Just make sure you read the label to make sure there are no surprise ingredients that are also poisonous to us, like chocolate, garlic, onion or avocado.) Oh, and keep an eye on us when we're playing WITH, or ON things bigger than us. Mr. Xylo-Gator has some powerful jaws that do move on this people toy. So Mom is always careful about making sure they don't snap on me. And as fun as the Keurig is, getting my toes or feathers caught anywhere, or sliding down into scalding hot coffee, would hurt a lot, so Mom keeps a very close eye on me.
Gotta go now. Mom says it's past my bedtime. Until next time, PTH fans!

No comments:
Post a Comment